Thanks to those of you who offered assistance with this.  At this point,
it has become fairly clear that the problem lies with U32.  This is
difficult to confirm since they seem to have no tech people on duty this
week, but I'm not continuing to troubleshoot until I hear from them.  I
appreciate your help.

Re Dennis's job:

Dennis has left and seems to be incommunicado because his wife is about
to have - or has just had - a baby.

The job has been advertised, but in local papers only.   One of the
women in the office with the email problem is on the search committee;
she's the U32 school board chair.  I suggested they post the job on this
listserv.  She claims they have already received a good number of
applications, many from people who appear to be qualified (they had
someone from DOE look them over), and applications are technically
closed, but she felt that she, at least, would be happy to receive
resumes from any additional interested, qualified applicants.

The job is strictly technical (or has been anyway).  It entails being
IT director for the entire Washington Central S. U.
The pay would be in the upper 50's and begins July 1 (or earlier).

Interested parties might be considered if they send their vitas to the
superintendent.  Her address is:

Dr. Robbe Brook
WCSU
2446 Airport Rd.