For the benefit of a particular school board member, I actually tracked our support and expenses issues on Mac vs. Win PC for a little over a year.  The results: the Macs required far less support time per unit, and the additional cost turned out to be $.47 (yes, 47 CENTS) per machine.  Certainly worth it in my estimation.

That school board member is now a Mac owner and loving it.