April 7,  2005

Dear Students,

Fostering opportunities for undergraduates to be engaged in research and
scholarship is an important tradition at the University of Vermont.
The URECA! grants are awarded annually to undergraduate research
projects and we invite you to attend the URECA!  Award Ceremony and
Poster Presentation/ /on _*Monday, April 11, at 5:30 pm in Memorial
Lounge*_, immediately following the Faculty Senate Meeting. We hope you
will come to this special celebration of student research on campus.

This year URECA! funded twenty-seven projects involving twenty-nine
student researchers. Each student was awarded up to $3000 to fund their
approved research project, as well as a $1000 cash award. On April 11,
students will receive their URECA! award and will share their research
projects via poster presentation. In addition to highlighting the
student research, this event also provides an opportunity to acknowledge
the dedication and scholarship of the many faculty mentors who play an
important role in the success of URECA!

Please join us on Monday, April 11 for this important opportunity to
recognize the achievements of these URECA! student researchers.

Yours sincerely,

*Richard Galbraith, Chair*

Faculty Senate Research,

Scholarship and Graduate Education Committee

*A. John Bramley*

Provost and Senior Vice President