[log in to unmask]" v:shapes="_x0000_i1025" height="90" width="278">

April 7,  2005

Dear Students,

Fostering opportunities for undergraduates to be engaged in research and scholarship is an important tradition at the University of Vermont.   The URECA! grants are awarded annually to undergraduate research projects and we invite you to attend the URECA!  Award Ceremony and Poster Presentation on Monday, April 11, at 5:30 pm in Memorial Lounge, immediately following the Faculty Senate Meeting. We hope you will come to this special celebration of student research on campus.

This year URECA! funded twenty-seven projects involving twenty-nine student researchers. Each student was awarded up to $3000 to fund their approved research project, as well as a $1000 cash award. On April 11, students will receive their URECA! award and will share their research projects via poster presentation. In addition to highlighting the student research, this event also provides an opportunity to acknowledge the dedication and scholarship of the many faculty mentors who play an important role in the success of URECA!

Please join us on Monday, April 11 for this important opportunity to recognize the achievements of these URECA! student researchers.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Galbraith, Chair

Faculty Senate Research,

Scholarship and Graduate Education Committee

A. John Bramley

Provost and Senior Vice President