The Tufted Duck was at the causeway late yesterday (4/12) evening
(6:30-7:00 PM).  Once you reach the portion of the causeway that has open
water/ice on both sides, the bird was an ~400 m walk out on the left
side.  When I first saw the bird, it was identifiable without a scope.  On
the way back a scope was necessary to pick it out of the scaup/ring-neck flock.

At 10:34 PM 4/11/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>FYI - If you continue past Airport Park on Airport Rd, bear right on Mill's
>Point Road, there is a parking lot on the right, almost across the road from
>the trail.  If time is a factor, you might try parking at this lot.
>
>Good luck.  I was out there today, but had limited time and no scope.  I saw
>lots of ducks, but not the tufted.  I did see a ruby crowned kinglet, first
>of the season.
>
>Pat Folsom

Allan M. Strong
University of Vermont
The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
347 Aiken Center
Burlington, VT 05405
802-656-2910