The Osprey platform east of the Bridge Restaurant in
Addison had one bird standing on the nest and one
flying in Thursday morning when I drove by.  Lots of
Redtails, TVs, Canada Geese and Turkeys seen on the
way to the bridge from Leicester.  Curiously, not many
birds on the other side of the lake all the way up to
Plattsburgh, except for Crows, a couple of TVs and a
Kingfisher.  The big lake was very rough and it was
interesting to see the ice piled up in the southern
bays beside 9N.

I too have Mourning Cloaks flitting about the garden,
and cheerful yellow Coltsfoot poking up through my
woodland trails.  Also heard my first Wood Thrush of
the year.  Peepers have joined the chorus of
"plunkers" in the swamp.  Still waiting for Mergansers
on Lake Dunmore, although the ice just went out.

Shelagh Smith in Leicester.