Eric Cannizzaro wrote:

>  It would be unlike an osprey to be gliding low over a marsh
> don't you think?
>
> Much more like a harrier

Probably so.  Depends on the context and whether it was gliding or coming in
and then going back out... Bridget mentioned that she watched it lift up and
away after spotting it flying low.  I just always figure that like a doctor,
it helps to formulate a "differential diagnosis" when birding -- figure out
the reasonable possibilities and then eliminate from there.   I was just
positing another possibility to consider.

Definitely seems more likely it was a harrier, though!

Miriam Lawrence
Monkton Ridge