Greetings from Brattleboro,
     It's getting a little more active around here.... I got a good look at a pine warbler and heard it at the same time.  My very experienced birder friend used to tell me that she could never distinguish the sound of the pine from a chipping sparrow trill.  I read that the pine's song is "more musical". Now, after hearing both consecutively today, I'm pretty sure I've got it.  The pine was near the ski jump in Bratt.  Also saw a kingfisher in West Bratt behind the leader hardware store to the right where there is a small pond.  He was flying and chattering then landed on a small bush with a branch out over the water.  We finally have some goldfinches in the yard.  My husband saw the pileated fly by the back deck, so they're still around...
Can't wait for more warblers.  My friend in MA went to Marblehead and saw one warbler.. but it was a prothonotary.
     Margie