      I spent some time at Red Rocks Park from about 11-12 this morning (30
April 2005), but it looks like I left too early!  Things were very quiet
birdwise while I was there, with no migrant flocks noted at all.  The only
two warblers I saw the entire time were a YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER and a PINE
WARBLER, both singing in the same area.  I would imagine that they are both
breeding birds.  The only other bird excitement was a few emphatic "tee"
calls from a pair of PINE SISKINS that flew overhead.
      While the birding was slow, it was a nice morning for
wildflowers.  There were several red trillium along the first stretch of
trail, and I noted a few patches of white trillium during the course of my
walk.  The most conspicuous flowers, though, were the large swaths of
Dutchman's breeches in several spots.  There were also trout lillies that
were starting to open up, but maybe weren't quite there yet.

Good birding,
Matt Medler
Charlotte, VT