     I just did a quick, lunch-time stop at the Shelburne Bay boat launch from about 12:30-12:45 pm (7 April 2005).  Most of the bay is still frozen, but there is a decent amount of open water at the outlet of the stream.  Highlights included:

6 Green-winged Teal (4m/2f)--feeding/resting in the floating vegetation right at the water/ice interface; easily overlooked without a scope
6 Ring-necked Ducks (3m/3f)
25 Common Mergansers (15m/10f)
2 Double-crested Cormorants--looking quite resplendent with their turquoise-blue eyes, orange gular skin, and raised crests
1 Eastern Phoebe--singing somewhere in the area

I also spotted a single Tree Swallow foraging over the field behind Vermont Teddy Bear as I returned to work.

Good birding,
Matt Medler
Charlotte