Hello all,

Took the trail across from Shelburne access area and saw the
KINGFISHER,  GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET (he showed me his
crown, nice fella), hairy woodpecker, and heard the "who's awake" of
the great horned owl.....unless it was something else.  Do they
sometimes make only part of their call?  I have heard him there before
but it was always the full hoot.  Crows had been making a ruckus up
until about 5 minutes before the hoot.

Also, red-tailed hawk, turkeys and 2 flirting crows at Shelburne Farms.
Alas, I looked for the goshawk but no luck.

Heard white-throated sparrow at South Park, Burlington yesterday
morning.

Jo Ann Lafayette Burlington [log in to unmask]