Austin Hill.  Unfortunately no peregrine falcon sightings but enjoyed
watching a pair of raven busily constructing a nest also a pair of turkey  vultures
copulating.  No knowing where the latter would finally nest, so as  an atlas
record, it must remain in doubt.
Birds recorded in the area from observation point, Canada goose, wood duck,
red-tailed hawk, belted kingfisher, downy woodpecker, northern flicker,
pileated  woodpecker, American crow, eastern phoebe. black-capped chickadee, tufted
titmouse, red-breasted nuthatch, white-breasted nuthatch, winter wren,
northern  cardinal, song sparrow, and red-winged blackbird.
As to butterflies, mourning cloak (4) and an angle wing, identified as an
eastern comma.

While I have your attention, can we not drop the noun 'rookery' and the
adjective 'heron' instead just call the congregation of heron nesting birds a
HERONRY??  We do in Rutland County!

Cheers,
Roy Pilcher
Proctor, Vermont.