The male tufted duck was still there today (Sunday) as of noon, swimming
with a large mixed flock of scaup and ringed neck ducks south of the
causeway and just west of the first island.  If was diving frequently but
not hard to pick out with that plume.  My non-birding wife was along and can
verify the report.  The only downside to seeing my first tufted duck here or
anywhere else was the smashed window in my car upon our return, along with
my wife's missing purse, which unfortuantely was probably visable form the
outside.  All the other cars were fine, but it was apparent that ours was
not the first car that had been broken into there, which the Colchester PD
confirmed.  Shades of Ile Bizard.  Definitely a drag ,but it would have been
even worse had the duck not been so cooperative.

Steve Antell