Yesterday (April 26), at Shelburne Bay:

4 LESSER SCAUP (3 male, 1 female)
2 BROAD-WINGED HAWKS (soaring high and scaring the gulls) - possibly a
breeding  pair
2 BELTED KINGFISHERS - (male and female) chattering and flying together and
hunting (I saw the male catch a fish)
1-2 SONG SPARROWS - one bathing in a pool
Around 6 BUFFLEHEAD (2 male, 4 (?) female or first winter male)
5 DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS

1 NORTHERN HARRIER (male) in a field by the bay + 12 WILD TURKEYS

1 NORTHERN HARRIER (female?) in New Haven

At my house (same day):

Half a dozen or so PURPLE FINCHES (all, I think, females, though I have been
seeing 1 or 2 males)
1 SONG SPARROW
1 CHIPPING SPARROW (seen since April 13)
2 BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS (male and female - I've seen this pair since April 17
 - the safe date for breeding is May 1)

At my house April 24:

2 WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS

Davie Rolnick