Had an Eastern Towhee in my yard just before dark this evening, along
with about a dozen White-throated Sparrows.  This is the first Towhee
ever (16 years) for my yard, and that might be a record number of
White-throated Sparrows.

Has anyone else observed that the number of Towhees in VT is
increasing?  After 25 years of VT birding, last year I saw my first VT
Towhees (in two different locations), and now one right in my yard!  Is
this species increasing?  (For the record, I am very familiar with the
species from backpacking trips in PA where in some areas there seemed to
be a towhee every 100 yards.  So I don't think I was just overlooking
them.)

Ken Copenhaver
Fairfax VT