another.  I once startled a grouse that rocketed up and flew right into a pond.  It
realized the mistake as it hit the water and flew off again somewhat wetter.

APRIL 1 - around my house - around 190 robins and 42 Red-winged Blackbirds
flying to north and northeast.

APRIL 2 or 3 (I'm afraid I didn't keep a note of this): 9 redpolls feeding on
my lawn.

YESTERDAY (April 5) - around my house - 3 redpolls, 1 titmouse (heard), 1
Barred Owl (heard), and 1 cardinal (heard).

TODAY (April 6) - around my house

Eastern Phoebe (1)
Juncos (lots)
Robin (1)
Chickadees (many)
White-breasted Nuthatch (1-2)
Downy Woodpecker (1)
Blue Jay (2)
Pileated Woodpecker (1 - heard)
Barred Owl (1 - heard)
Wood Frog (lots in a vernal pool)

8:00-9:15AM on March 27, a Bobcat stayed for over an hour lying under a Red
Maple tree 20 feet from my house.

Davie Rolnick
Rupert, VT