I'd just like to apologize to the list if my earlier postings struck anyone as
anything other than genuine but good-natured skepticism. I bet we've all had
sightings that have been subject to it at one point or another in our lives. If
anything it made us keener and much more deliberate birders. Only recently have
I revisited sightings from my early years birding (my old Peterson checklist)
and decided I was perhaps a little too ambitious with a few of them.
Greg