Every summer at my house in south burlington we have allot of barn swallows. They nest in our barn and some times when the garage is open build a quick nest that will soon be taken down by my parents. The barn swallows sometimes get caught in the upper level of the garage and fly back and forth from one wind to the one on the opposite side of the barn. Just this past week in the upper level of my garage I have found 7 starlings and a house sparrow. I was very surprised to find them flying around up there because we had not left the garage door open for that long. Around 8:00 pm today I had found the point of entry, there was whole in the side of the garage only 2 inches in diameter were the old gas line use to go. Since all the birds I found up there were cavity nesters I guess they were looking for a nest and because it was such a small hole that led to a open space it worked like a minnow trap, they could get in but not out.  I just plugged the whole and now I am hoping for the best.

Eric Cannizzaro, South Burlington