    Yesterday afternoon (Saturday) the male Tufted Duck was still part of a large flock of mixed ducks near the start of the Colchester path on the causeway. Actively feeding in open water on the left at you walk out, it was great fun to have to keep finding it after each dive. It did stay a bit away from the rest of the ducks but we found the best field mark (vs that of the male Ring-necked Ducks) was no white ring on the face around the base of the bill. Plus the TUFT of course.
    As we were walking back to car in parking lot, a Carolina Wren scolded us from behind the houses along the path. Joan Lafayette and Linda McElvany