FYI
I spoke to the AOT people down here in Bennington. They did not drain the wetlands (Beaver Meadows) on route 7 between Manchester and Arlington. They have a device in place to keep the beavers from flooding the road.
I also spoke to someone in ANR. They were aware of the drainage last summer and were concerned but on investigation found that an old beaver dam went out after a storm. They are happy that the water is high again. ?Maybe there are new beavers in there.
I don't often drive in that direction so ask if anyone notices that the water is low to let me know.
And, I don't want to take coals to Oldcastle ..... but  .....  please remember that human presence can cause the herons to desert the rookery. I have read that staying in the car usually does not bother them but getting out of the car and walking around is a problem. Also, there really isn't a good place to stop a car there and it can be busy!
Thanks,
Bonnie Dundas