Dear Scott and Greg et al:
I didn't see the White-tailed Kites myself but Ruth Kosche has been birding for ~60 years and is one of the best birders I know. As for the chance that the same person saw a rare bird twice? She and her husband go out every day - sometimes more than once and LOOK for birds. They are much more apt to see birds than say, someone like me who is necessarily inside for much of the week.
I'm not taking umbrage - just passing on what I was told and believe.  Unfortunately, there are no pictures and there wasn't anyone else there on the road to confirm what they saw. It won't be a state record, but perhaps this can be an alert to carefully look at unusual white hawk-like birds!
Bonnie Dundas
Bennington