If you noticed the way it flew? Harriers fly like a turkey vulture with the wings in a v shape ( dihedral is the term) while hunting.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: BUTLER, Bridget<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:29 AM
  Subject: [VTBIRD] Harrier at Shelburne Pond?

  Greetings All!

  What's the possibility that I saw a Harrier at the south end of Shelburne Pond? Sunday I was watching ducks come in on Pond Road and I caught a glimpse of a hawk-like bird flying low over the swampy end of the pond - white underside with black tips to the wings, gray back...definitely not a gull. Was hoping it would drop in and grab something...no luck, flew up toward the farm and I lost sight of it. Any thoughts of what it might have been would be helpful...THANKS!

  Bridget Butler
  Teacher/Naturalist
  Audubon Vermont
  www.vt.audubon.org<http://www.vt.audubon.org/>

  "In the child there is no separation between spirit, soul & body. Everything is reproduced in this inner being. He imitates his whole environment." - Rudolf Steiner