        What a wonderful time of year.  We have lots of birds this spring.
The yard and woods are alive with the all the standards.  Yesterday a pair
of small hawks (Coopers or Sharpie  - I think Sharpie) arrived and perched
in a pine at the edge of my yard.  You would not believe the rush of song
birds streaming out of the surrounding woods to get away -  looked like rush
hour on a Manhattan Subway.  We had a visit from a pair of yellow bellied
sapsuckers.  They spent the afternoon near the edge of my woods. Chasing
each other around.  I'm hoping they will stick around.  Also Downys and
Pileated.  Still waiting for my favorite - the sweet hermit thrush.  Should
be soon, eh?  I see reports here and there.

Rob Gerety
Wilder