My CCV ornithology class and I saw a male prothonotary warbler in Red
Rocks Park today at about 1 o’clock. We observed the bird off and on,
losing it and finding it again, for about 20 minutes. We got excellent
looks at the bird and saw all the relevant field marks. The bird was at
the railings where you can look out to the west and see Rock Dunder and
Juniper Island. It was working the cedars along the ledges bordering the
lake. First it worked to the north and then went to the south before we
lost it.

Special thanks to David Dudley, who first spotted the bird and brought
it to my attention, and also to the rest of my students -- Mike Burnor,
Peter Hade, Merisa Krestalica, Manon Larin-Pellman, Debbie Martin,
Ehlimana Salkic, and Nathaniel Shea --who helped us all to find the bird
over and over again so we could get great looks at this bird.

Michele Patenaude
172 Woodbury Road
Burlington, Vermont  05401
Phone: 802-862-4085