Well, I've only been using my blog in earnest for a few days, and
already I have managed to break it.

I saw steve's nifty tabbed blog page a
http://sjc.blog.uvm.edu/projectforum/, and asked him how I can do that
too.  He pointed me to Justin's blog:
http://www.uvm.edu/~jhenry/wordpress/?p=46

I followed the instructions here, overwriting my root blog, but
preserving "entries" "comments" and "authors", as Justin recommends.
After clicking proceed, my browser hung for about fifteen minutes.  I
got impatient and closed the browser.  After logging back in to mt.cgi,
I was able to edit my weblog config settings away from the tabbed
template defaults that were imported before the browser "crash".

Now I can continue to add entries to my blog, but they never show up at
http://jgm.blog.uvm.edu.  I can edit/delete/create categories and
entries, successfully issue a "rebuild site", but I have no idea where
the content is!  Any thoughts?

-Greg Mackinnon