On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:06:03 -0400, Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Like Steve said, sales are still pretty good despite the "I told you so's"
>from the SUV-haters lobby trying to tell us otherwise.  There will always
be
>a huge core market for traditional trucks and SUVs.  If that market is
>dying, why the frantic efforts from Toyota, Honda and especially Nissan to
>bring out more bigger, more powerful trucks for the last three years?
Ever
>seen the size of the new Tundras and Forerunners?

Likewise, Subaru's Tribeca follows a similar path. ~20mpg for 5-7
passengers and a base price of over $30k.

There will always be conspicuous auto consumers in the US, even when gas
is $5/gallon. Our culture (for the time being at least) demands as much.

-Evan