They make the Passat 4Motion TDI, but they don't sell it in North America.  They also make the Golf, Jetta and several Skoda models with 4Motion and diesel, but you'd have to be in Europe to buy any of them.

"Benjamin D. Bloom" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Do they make a Passat Wagon 4Motion TDI? That'd be a similar
form-factor to the Outback, but with a diesel.

-Ben
(Impatiently awaiting the functunal alternative-fuel Subaru announcement.)

steve kijak wrote:
> What is the best mileage 4X4 for travel to the slopes?
> I know many on the list like the Subaru but they only
> get mid 20's mpg.
>
> Is the Escape hybrid the way to go or is a diesel
> pickup a better choice? My target is about 35mpg
>
> The ideal might be an Outback if they made it with a
> diesel. Did a 2/3 cross country trip in one and it did
> good.
> Steve
>

> Yahoo! Mail

Benjamin D. Bloom
http://www.sonicbloom.org

Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.