I work about a mile away from the Capitol dome as the crow flies.  We
received no word to evacuate.  It was a beautiful day yesterday, probably
one of our half dozen days of spring before the annual steam bath cranks
up, and I took my lunch to the roof where we have a nice terrace with
picnic tables.  People were scrambling about on the street below and the
word was out that it was a small plane and a clueless pilot rather than a
real threat.  A birthday party with cake and punch was underway for
somebody and the whole atmosphere was quite festive.  My work bio picture
was taken on the roof with the capitol dome in the background a few years
ago.  Kind of a cool pic; if you want to see it b/c me.