Geoff Devine wrote:
> It's my understanding that the engines sold in Europe for VW 4-Motion TDI
> require low sulphur fuel that won't be mandated in the US until next year.
> The AWD system consumes significant horsepower (weight, friction, ...) and
> the lower horsepower TDI engines used in the US would be total dogs.  This
> might change next year.

It's interesting to see what people perceive as "total dogs."  I drive a
car with 137HP, I believe.  When I see that the Civic Hybrid kicks out
~240HP, I wonder what would happen if the dropped that number down to
150HP.

Sure, more HP is fun, but how much do we really need?

My un-mechanically educated $.02
-Ben