Washington DC may not be the best place for skiing but you do get the
opportunity to be close to world events. I saw some of this incident play
out from my deck. I heard and then saw the fighters and the small plane
heading in the direction of downtown DC (I live about 10 miles to the NE).
The maneuvers and low-altitude flight paths of the jets were odd enough that
I came inside and turned on the radio to see if something was going on. I
didn't find out what had happened until I saw this message.

Aaron