From:         "John Crowley, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      25 years ago today...

... Mt. St. Helens blew its top.
(Snip)
 Anyone skied up there?

I skied it 2 years ago a few weeks before Matt.  There is a lot of
beautiful terrain up there.

We got whited out at ~7000 ft., at the same time that perfect corn turned
into frozen boilerplate.  I've got to go back sometime - before it blows
again.

I was with a group from the Seattle Mountaineers celebrating Dorothea's
birthday.  She skis St. Helens every year on her birthday.  She is a
self-described 80 yr. old 80 lb. woman, about 5' 6".  She has over 100
Cascade volcano summit & ski trips on her resume including many Rainiers
and Hoods.  She is an inspiration.