Wes- my advice is to go to a shop and buy one set of shimano SPD pedals.
You can't ride two bikes at once, so swap em with a pedal wrench and save
money for a better pair of ski pants. The shimanos are the standard, and
are bombproof. All shoes will fit, and I can adjust them.

Denis- your experience is called doint the "Ball and chain," as that is
what happens when you tip over in clipless pedals. Just buy new pedals and
adjust them loose so they pop out. Throw away the old look pedals. Health
and fitness is worth more than saving 100 bucks...
jim