From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Skip King
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Non VT, but ski content - what's left on Sunapee

At 05:27 PM 5/19/2005, you wrote:

Skip wrote:

Falling with style?  Not if things are going well.  You figure out the wind direction, you look for a cumulus cloud, you fly over towards that cloud and, if the luck is with you, you feel a bump when you hit the thermal that created it.  You circle back, find that thermal, put the plane into a tightly banked turn and if you've done everything right.... you start going UP.  You leave the thermal as you approach the top, and fly away, looking for the next one.

There's a pretty serious soaring program at Sugarbush:  http://www.sugarbush.org/learning.html

and no, it isn't cheap.  But it is worth it, at least for the initial lesson.  It's like finding yourself in bottomless powder.

There.  Sugarbush, powder.  Obligatory ski content!

I guess on a good day you could be “falling” all day and still not make it back to earth – sounds like a day well spent even if it ain’t cheap. Man, there’s just too many great activities out there to try as my list keeps getting longer rather than shorter.

And nice work tying in the ski content.