Why the DOJ's 2257 Regulations Aren't "Just a Porn Problem"
June 24, 2005
On June 23, new regulations from the Department of Justice went into effect,
dramatically expanding the reach of a statute, 18 U.S.C.  2257, intended to
regulate the adult entertainment industry. Now it includes every blogger,
online journalist, and website owner who displays any image falling under the
law's broad (and vague) definition of "sexually explicit" materials.
... more at:
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/003741.php

How I didn't hear about this already... I don't know... but to quote the owner
of a site I'm a member of (iam.bmezine.com / bmezine.com) that is shutting down
to move the server to canada:
"If you voted for Bush, this is your fault. May insects feast upon your loins."
It's not a pr0n site, it's about body modification, and oh no, some people
pierce/ink/modify "naughty parts" and post pictures and experiences in essay
form. Many might fall into the realm of sexually explicit... depending on how
uptight or repressed the viewer is.

So, I guess watch your blogs... cuz if you've got any sexy-sexy on them, grab a
paddle for the creek... cuz W and the fundie squad are coming to take you away.

<paraphrase>We are fighting a war to protect our freedoms</paraphrase>
bs
Chris
ps- don't go to the listed sites above if you are among the uptight or
repressed...
  )                 WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                    )
 |    Chris Moran          a.a.#707           [log in to unmask]    |
 |Information Systems Analyst     Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Center for Teaching & Learning 802.656.0358  Lafayette 407|
 | "Dr. Is In" Mo 12:30-3          Staff Council Representative |