Hi Sean--

Any success???

Game port trigger doesn't work.  Annoying.  We have a Isodat 2.0 with a
Trace GC and PAL (A200S emulation) autosampler.  Manual runs have to be
done with "start by 'enter key'".  However, works fine for autosampling,
but the trigger is in the InjectNextSample routine--the _SamplerInject
command waits for the inject signal from the Com port, not the game
port, and then the software continues.  When it gets to the
WaitForStartSignal, and goes to WaitForGamePortTrigger, the command
_CheckGamePort command will always be true, so it blows by  that and
starts the acquisition.  The same holds true for generic GC's without
autosampler.  You can even change the game port settings, or even unplug
the gameport connection--no effect.

If you go to configurator, you'll see that the GC's are not setup with
Gameport communications.  You can add the gameport  to your device and
set it up to be monitored during acquistion--to no effect.  Hence,
"enter key" needed for manual runs.

If you're using the Agilent GC definition in the configurator, how is it
set up?  I noticed the "properties" (not edit) for the 6890 had a check
off box for "Use GC ready from AS".  Have you played with that?  I take
it you've tried the Agilent 7673 autosampler definition with your newer
7683?

Sorry I don't have better news.  Good luck

gerry

p.s. yes, we have the "null modem" in our gameport line too.

pps website up:  http://www.geology.yale.edu/escsis/ESCSIS-web1.html