David,
Presumably you have already gone through the various routines for checking the
position of the autosampler - tray, vials, injector, etc?
Otherwise, all of my bent needles have happened because the injector nut on the
Trace GC injector has been too tight!
If you've checked the position of the needle, I guess I'm not much help...
Charlotte Lehmann

Quoting "David B. Ebenstein" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hi All,
>
> I've recently become responsible for a Finnigan Delta Plus with a CTC A200S
> autosampler.  The autosampler has started occasionally bending needles by
> missing the mark on sample vials.  Does anyone on the List have any
> experience
> disassembling the syringe carrier?  I think our problem is due to dirt in the
> linear bearings and I'd like to remove and examine/clean/replace them. Any
> advice regarding this problem would be welcome.
>
> Cheers-------------------Dave
>
> David Ebenstein
> University of Vermont
> Biomedical Mass Spectrometry Facility