From: Claudia Hemphill <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Jun 29, 2005 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SFTP becomes NoSpray.org! Mitchel Cohen, please fix this!

Dear Science-for-the-People people -

On the same day SFTP member Mitchel Cohen reposted the NY-area NoSpray
Coalition newsletter to the SFTP list-serv, the Nospray newsletter began
arriving in both of my emails -- office and home -- to be followed by a
long, and infinitely annoying series of "unsubscribe", "Get me
unsubscribe," and "*!#@!! unsubscribe" emails.

I become unavailable to my students, valued colleagues, even my mother,
when my mail accounts are overrun by such zealous over-sharing of
members' personal crusades.

Given that Mitchel Cohen is a leading participant in NoSpray (see
excerpted newsletter below), I believe that he is most likely the one
able to untangle this unwanted list-serv crossover.

Can you, Mitchel, or anyone else, put an immediate stop to this problem
that has clearly imposed on dozens of people?

Is there a way to prevent this kind of intrusive spamming from recurring
on SFTP?

Thanks,

Claudia Hemphill
environmental science program