 Today i made the trip up to see the Whooping Crane and was rewarded with distant but good views of the bird. I arrived around 8:30am and was able to quickly locate the bird. I stayed for an hour, and the bird was visible the entire time.  What an amazing bird to see in Vermont!!!   Happy birding.        Taj Schottland,   Putney VT--- On Tue 06/28, Bruce Flewelling < [log in to unmask] > wrote:From: Bruce Flewelling [mailto: [log in to unmask]]To: [log in to unmask]: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:08:54 -0400Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] This morning's Whooping Crane locationEarly this morning, 6-7 AM, she was in the short grass. It was about 7that she flew in to the area of the taller grass. I had the good fortuneto see her when she flew, and those black wing tips sure showed in sharpcontrast to the otherwise white wings. In the early morning sun, the redcrown and malar showed well when she faced to the east. Well worth thetrip over from Rochester!> [Original
Message]> From: Ian Worley > To: > Date: 6/28/2005 8:19:20 AM> Subject: [VTBIRD] This morning's Whooping Crane location>> This morning the Whooping Crane was first spotted in one of the larger> drainage ditches in the Lemon Fair flats just south of where it has been> for several days. When in the ditch, the bird was not visible from the> road. Occasionally with persistence one could just see its head when it> was not bent over foraging. Fortunately from time to time it would step> up out of the ditch and become visible (sometimes partially hidden in> the tall reed canary grass). When I left it had moved back into the low> grass, wet fields (now with very little standing water) where it has> been for several days in plain view.>> If one goes 0.7 miles south of Route 125 on West Street in Cornwall, the> bird is a half mile or so directly west. The best viewing is a couple> tenths of a mile north (from a corn field) or south
(just before the big> bunker silo and barn) of the 0.7 mile point.>> Ian

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.