I am hearing what Miriam Lawrence is hearing on a
daily basis this year.  I am sure it is a BB Cuckoo
and have made several forays into the woods after it,
with no luck.  What an illusive bird!  I can't place
exactly where the call comes from in the canopy, even
when I seem to be very close to it.

Monday I was startled by a Crow silently zooming close
to the porch, hotly pursued by a male Oriole.

Pink Lady Slippers finally beginning to wane in my
woods.  But I discovered a Pinxter in the "pond".  Now
where do they come from?  I have been scouting this
area for 20 years and this is a first timer.

Shelagh Smith near Fern Lake.

Shelagh in Vermont
Vermont Designs by Shelagh
Knitting Pattern Design Service; Wholesale & Retail Patterns; Classes.

Yahoo! Mail