In Roxbury, our town attorney pays for notices in newspapers, he then
charges the cost to the tax sale property owners.

Tammy Legacy

PO Box 98

Roxbury VT  05669



-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Braintree Town Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Delinq. Tax Sales

Who pays for the notice in the paper?  In the end the cost is passed on
to the property owner or whoever purchases it at tax sale, but who pays
for the initial outlay of cash?

Cora L. Benoir, CVC

Braintree Town Clerk