We would like to see ILN continue to be around and we are also concerned about bandwidth, mainly during school hours. We have a T1 at our HS and we have seen it pretty slow on some days. It would be good to know how much bandwidth we should expect to have available.

Bob Owens
Technology Coordinator
Addison NW SU
48 Green St.
Vergennes VT 05491
802 877-3332
http://www.anwsu.org

>        Hello everyone -
>
>        You may know that the Department of Education has been working to restore the ILN system to some level of functionality in the next school year using Internet Protocol (IP), but without ATM. We are interested in and will be working toward a more permanent solution in order to maintain a statewide videoconferencing network to support schools. The Department has been successful in securing significant bandwidth to support the system and has funding to hire a management team to provide technical support at both the state and local levels,  programmatic support, and to provide advice in configuring the polycom and your local gateway to the Internet for ILN use. There will be no additional cost to the school district for any of the above services or for use of the system, but..... NOTE that SOME local systems may need to be upgraded/increase bandwidth in order to connect well enough with the ILN bridge. The costs of such upgrades or bandwidth improvements must be absorbe!
 d!

Sent via the WebMail system at anwsu-app1.anwsu.org