In a message dated 7/14/2005 12:06:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Do you believe the Warren Commission report that JFKennedy was shot by a
single assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, i.e. that all the "conspiracy theorists"
are full of shit?

Like Chomsky, I think it's a political waste of time to be obsessed about the Kennedy assassination.
Why Chomsky's views on that? I respect Chomsky on many issues, but his fiat is well known here and has been commented on critically (along with I. F. Stone). The literature here is pretty extensive, not all of it off the mark. We should suspect we have been successfully fooled, and made to waste time on bum steers and disinformation. We may never know, but the whole thing was always fishy indeed.

Conspiracy theorists on 9/11 take their points in the wrong direction (as so often happened with the Kennedy case) or go too far. The brief moment of calculation prior to a probable future event discovered by intelligence is quite likely with FDR, and more than possible with 9/11. Again we may never know. The real issue might be simply the decision to do nothing notwithstanding partial foreknowledge, seeing the strategic opportunities. In this case it is not fully convincing, and too often a generation later the truth comes out, as with the Spanish American War.

John Landon
World History
And The Eonic Effect
2nd Edition