Oh! Oh! Oh!  I saw my first hummingbird moth yesterday!  I was standing on
my front stoop, next to a clump of monarda.  Hummingbirds have been visiting
regularly, and when I saw this little creature, I thought at first that's
what it was.  But then I saw the antennae.  What an amazing creature!

I just stood there watching as it flew from flower to flower just inches
from me.  I wanted to get my camera, but was afraid to move.  I could see it
uncurl its little proboscis and insert it into the flowerets.   It looked
and acted so much like a hummingbird, I wonder how many times I might have
seen it fly by without knowing what it was.

Dayle Ann, keeping camera by front door