I am glad to hear that the tricolored heron has returned to Brilyea (150
yards up the access road where the marsh widens out). I was fortunate  enough to
find this bird on Sunday with the help of two  other birders. The heron was
fishing 100 yards or so south of its  "usual" feeding area, well back in the
marsh, accompanied by a great blue  heron. Late in the day, though, the bird
became restless and was last seen in  flight (about 7 P.M.) heading west at an
altitude of 300 yards or so. We  watched it in the air for as long as we could
hold up our binoculars, but  eventually the heron disappeared from view. I
thought it was long gone, but  apparently not. The show goes on.

Bruce MacPherson