Jonathan Shefftz [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>>Does Ben realize that he's over rotating and upper-body diving/leaning
>>into his tele turns sometimes?
>
>Ben actually makes the most countered tele turns I've ever seen by
anyone.
>However, you haven't seen them in that footage, since he is a practical
>fellow these days in the backcountry:  Scarpa Laser boots, Dynafit TLT
>bindings (the older, even lighter & more minimalistic version), and
170cm-
>length/70mm-waist Volkl Mountain Norbert Joos (whoever he is) skis.

Aha! So that's the tt.com lurker or somebody (and not Ben thus) makin'
those tilty-lungey turns!?!  It makes sense- it seemed like a radical
step DOWN in technique compared to the vidi of Ben skiing at Mt. Hood
that showed up on tt.com a few summers back. I couldn't quite reconcile
how he'd gotten so wicked sloppy- now it all falls into place!

I'm not sure what I make of a big boy like Ben skiing on the 170cm Joos
though. I would imagine it takes some pilot attention to ski 'em that
hard, but if anybody is focused & strong enough, Ben is. (I wanna ski
like him when I grow up! :-) )

dana
_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop!