All:

Please consider taking a few minutes (we think it will take just 10
minutes) to answer this survey on physician-librarian collaboration:

http://fusion.mssm.edu/PMLCSurvey/main/index.cfm

Who should fill out the survey?
Any U.S health sciences librarian. -- If you already answered this survey
when posted in MLA Focus - please disregard.

Who are we?
Kathel Dunn, MSLS, Associate Director for Public Services at Ehrman
Medical Library, New York University Medical Center

Reena Karani, MD, Medical Director, Geriatrics Consultation and Liaison
Service; Assistant Professor, Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult
Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Gail Sullivan, MD, MPH, Associate Director for Education, Program
Director, Geriatric Medicine Fellowship, Center on Aging, University of
Connecticut School of Medicine

David C. Thomas, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Medicine and
Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of General
Internal Medicine, Medical Director, Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Why a survey?
Kathel Dunn met and worked with Drs. Karani, Sullivan and Thomas while
working _out_ of libraries in the Department of Geriatrics at Mt. Sinai
School of Medicine in 2000-2002. Now back in a library, our collaborations
continue and, after the physicians attended a medical conference and noted
presentation on systematic reviews in which a librarian was not consulted,
they wondered, Why?

Together we talked about collaboration between and amongst physicians and
librarians and are sending out this survey to health sciences librarians
and to physicians (through the Society of General Internal Medicine and
the
American Geriatrics Society).

Kathel Dunn
PhD Candidate
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
Rutgers, State University of New Jersey

Associate Director for Public Services
Ehrman Medical Library
NYU Medical Center