Another glorious day, Saturday, to be out in the field.  I was  fortunate
enough to accomplish a task of finding three target species, not that  uncommon,
but which had eluded me to date namely: black swallowtail, orange  sulphur,
and least skipper.
Three hours of monitoring produced (in order of observation); common wood
nymph (15), monarch (2), northern crescent (4), clouded sulphur (10), cabbage
white (7), northern pearly-eye (6), common ringlet (4), meadow fritillary (12),
 pearl crescent (2), silver-bordered fritillary (4), orange sulphur (2),
northern  broken-dash (6), Peck's skipper (2), eastern tailed-blue (8), black
swallowtail  (1), least skipper (1).
Cheers,
Roy Pilcher
Proctor, Vermont.