Yesterday (August 20), at my house:

SPICEBUSH SWALLOWTAIL (1 - male)

Unfortunately, no photo - it flew off before I could net it.

On August 13, with Bill Alexson:

       At Cogman Pond, near West Haven:

MONARCH (3)
VICEROY (2)
TAWNY-EDGED SKIPPER (1)
EASTERN TAILED-BLUE (15+)
SULPHUR sp. (100+: most puddling on the muddy roads, in groups of a dozen or so)
COMMON RINGLET (5)
CRESCENT sp. (2)
Either MEADOW or SILVER-BORDERED FRITILLARY (1)

       That night, at my house, with a black light and a moth sheet:

GREATER BLACK-LETTER DART (Xestia dolosa)
SIGNATE QUAKER (Tricholita signata)
MINOR ANGLE (Semiothisa minorata)
PALE BEAUTY (Campaea perlata)
SHARP-ANGLED CARPET (Euphyia unangulata)
SOFT-LINED WAVE (Scopula inductata)
STORMY ARCHES (Polia nimbosa)
COMMON IDIA (Idia aemula)
OBLIQUE-BANDED LEAFROLLER MOTH (Choristoneura rosaceana)
DARK-BANDED OWLET (Phalaenophana pyramusalis)
LESSER MAPLE SPANWORM MOTH (Itame pustularia)
(Crambus sp.)

On the 14th (daytime), also with Bill Alexson, around my house:

SPOTTED GRASS MOTH (Rivula propinqualis)

Lots of Monarchs have been flying near my house over the last week or two.  On one day, Bill and I counted 6.

My mother and I are now raising 38 Monarch caterpillars.

Davie Rolnick
Rupert, VT