The more the merrier. Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Grkovich, Alex<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:47 AM
  Subject: Re: [VTLEPS] VTLEPS: Spicebush Swallowtail

  Well, Kevin...

  You're slipping, looks like...

  Alex

  From: Vermont Butterfly Survey on behalf of Davie Rolnick
  Sent: Sun 8/21/2005 10:01 AM
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Subject: [VTLEPS] VTLEPS: Spicebush Swallowtail

  Yesterday (August 20), at my house:

  SPICEBUSH SWALLOWTAIL (1 - male)

  Unfortunately, no photo - it flew off before I could net it.

  On August 13, with Bill Alexson:

         At Cogman Pond, near West Haven:

  MONARCH (3)
  VICEROY (2)
  TAWNY-EDGED SKIPPER (1)
  EASTERN TAILED-BLUE (15+)
  SULPHUR sp. (100+: most puddling on the muddy roads, in groups of a dozen or so)
  COMMON RINGLET (5)
  CRESCENT sp. (2)
  Either MEADOW or SILVER-BORDERED FRITILLARY (1)

         That night, at my house, with a black light and a moth sheet:

  GREATER BLACK-LETTER DART (Xestia dolosa)
  SIGNATE QUAKER (Tricholita signata)
  MINOR ANGLE (Semiothisa minorata)
  PALE BEAUTY (Campaea perlata)
  SHARP-ANGLED CARPET (Euphyia unangulata)
  SOFT-LINED WAVE (Scopula inductata)
  STORMY ARCHES (Polia nimbosa)
  COMMON IDIA (Idia aemula)
  OBLIQUE-BANDED LEAFROLLER MOTH (Choristoneura rosaceana)
  DARK-BANDED OWLET (Phalaenophana pyramusalis)
  LESSER MAPLE SPANWORM MOTH (Itame pustularia)
  (Crambus sp.)

  On the 14th (daytime), also with Bill Alexson, around my house:

  SPOTTED GRASS MOTH (Rivula propinqualis)

  Lots of Monarchs have been flying near my house over the last week or two.  On one day, Bill and I counted 6.

  My mother and I are now raising 38 Monarch caterpillars.

  Davie Rolnick
  Rupert, VT