From: Vermont Butterfly Survey on behalf of David Hoag
Sent: Sun 8/21/2005 5:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VTLEPS] VTLEPS: Spicebush Swallowtail

> The more the merrier. Kevin
>> Unfortunately, no photo - it flew off before
   I could net it.   [snip]   SULPHUR sp. (100+

22-JULY (not August) Grand Isle
LARGE.   All very pale yellow.   Fast wingbeats.
Larger than the largest C. eurytheme / Orange Sulphur.
Straight steady northbound flight on a south wind.
I saw it approach a hedgerow and ran around the end
of the hedge to catch up with it - just out of reach -
watched it continue north, up and over a cedar swamp.
All the other sulphurs were flying erratically as expected.

Cloudless Sulphur??  Bennington County should have one?!
   :-)
Dave Hoag